PHP Symfony Developer (Mid-level)
Offshoring Software Engineering | Tech Staffing & Recruitment | UK | Australia | Philippines
Cloud Employee is a fast-growing UK-managed offshore recruitment and staffing company in the Philippines. We tackle the growing global IT skills shortage by connecting tech companies based in Europe, the US, and Australia to our pool of expert software developers in the country.
We're looking for a talented PHP Developer to join our ever-expanding team of expert IT professionals. This is an excellent opportunity to work with some of the world's exciting startups in a multinational environment while enjoying a number of benefits and perks which include, but are not limited to, medical and dental plans, training allowances, free food, as well as regular activities that aim to bring employees together.
The successful PHP Developer will be tasked to:
- Build and maintain Wren's custom-built, cutting-edge applications (Symfony 3/4/Flex Based)
- Write clean code that is clear and understandable by others
- Contribute to project specifications and estimations
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Work with senior developers, business stakeholders and development team to understand the initial scope for a new project
- At least 2 years' experience in creating and maintaining object-oriented PHP7 based systems
- An understanding of the MVC approach to development
- Experience of working with MySQL 5+
- Experience of using version control systems (such as Git) as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills–must be able to describe technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
- A passion for adhering to coding standards and clean code
- Working knowledge of the Symfony 3, Symfony 4 or equivalent framework
- Working knowledge of the Doctrine ORM
- Experience in creating and maintaining RESTFul APIs.
- Experience of automated testing (e.g. PHPUnit, Selenium, Behat)
- Knowledge of design patterns, with practical experience of implementing them
- Experience of agile project methodologies (and its impact on iterative design)
- Experience of working in a continuous integration environment
- Familiar with Linux or Mac OS
- Has previously worked for a retailer / understands retail processes
Salary, Incentive, and Benefits Packages
- Competitive Salary Package
- Benefits package that includes HMO, training allowance, gym or food allowance, educational assistance for dependent, and more
- An annual salary increase, as laid out in the contract
- Free food and drinks provided in the office
- Company trips
For more information on what it's like to work at Cloud Employee, click here.
Do you think you are ready for the challenge? Apply now!
Download the full job description here.