As a Product Owner
- Responsible in creating product backlog for application development using agile methodologies.
- Communicating with the client and relaying requirement closely with the development team.
- Understanding application architecture and implementation to meet client’s expectation was also of the key responsibilities.
- Being a DBA, other responsibilities includes application operations support task for user’s tickets and inquiries.
- Maintaining backend data was also been a part of application development.
As a Database Administrator
- Responsible in managing the changes and incidents (via Service Now tool) relating to database environment across different delivery centers. Also worked as a Database Delivery Manager which provides guidance, technical expertise and support to Application teams on Microsoft SQL Server supported versions and other RDBMS such as IaaS, PaaS, MySQL, Azure and Amazon to maintain client satisfaction.
- Part of the team responsible for managing the changes and incidents for internal applications related to database environments to different delivery center's (Philippines, India, Argentina, Chicago as well as Cloud locations such as Amazon and Azure). The team is also supporting other platforms such as Aurora, MySQL, MSSQL in service(SaaS) platforms through Amazon RDS.
- Have experience in different monitoring task such as Index Maintenance, Backup Monitoring, Policy Based Management Checks, Server Inventory and Capacity Planning that maintain the database performances and follow standards as well as security restrictions.
- Installs and patches Microsoft SQL updates (if manual activity is required)
- Provide technical support to application development and operations team. The team stands as the point of contact (POC) for SQL related problems
- As Database Delivery Manager guided the application from the start of their server provisioning all that are needed in regards with their SQL server concerns.
- Has knowledge in different high availability such as Clustering, Mirroring, Replication, Log shipping and Always On.
- Experience on the SQL Migration of SQL 2012 to SQL 2014.