How to Hire the Best Swift Developers
Before hiring a Swift developer to be part of your business’ in-house team, it is highly important to educate yourself on the language and development itself as well as what precautions to keep in mind when recruiting a Swift developer. Reading this will hopefully give you a better understanding of what Swift as a language and program does as well as how a Swift developer will help your business and help you decide whether these services are meant for you.
What is Swift? Swift is an interactive programming language for iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS app development. It is used to write in software meant for phones, desktops, and servers. It is a fast and secure language made up of a combination of the best modern language from Apple’s engineering culture and the diverse contributions from the open-source community. Swift is easy to use and allows you to experiment with code and immediately see results without the assistance of an app.
What makes Swift code convenient is that it is compiled and optimised in such a way that one can make the most out of modern hardware. Swift’s syntax and standard library are constructed with the purpose of making sure that the obvious way to write your code also results in the best code performance. With all of these great features, it is safe to say that Swift makes an excellent choice for an operating system. Working with Swift opens doors to complex ideas coming to life.
Now that you have an idea on what the capabilities of Swift are and how your business’ tech project can benefit from its features, it is also important to consider how to get the best results for your project. It is highly recommended to hire a skilled Swift developer in order to achieve the most out of Swift’s intensive language.
Why should you hire a Swift developer?
When it comes to developing your business’ tech project, having skilled developers specialising in your required technologies is highly important. Programming language defines relationships, semantics and grammar enabling programmers to effectively communicate with the machines that they are working with. A Swift developer programs structured instructions, turning them into functions and procedure. This is of crucial importance, as language is a fundamental factor in your iOS development.
So this means that your developer should also be an expert iOs developer.
Here are a few reasons as to why you should opt to hire a skilled Swift developer as they will fully utilize the various features offered:
A Seamless Development Process
With a dedicated Swift developer, your iOS development is more likely to be done in a timely manner. Due to its many simplified features,
- Swift’s clean syntax makes it simpler to read and write. This is due to the fact that fewer code lines are needed as compared to other programming languages.
- Swift’s code resembles the English language, making writing code easier for your iOS developer to grasp as well as having similarities with other languages such as Python, Java, and C#.
- With Swift, maintenance is made easier compared to another called Objective-C where developers are required to maintain two code files to improve the time and efficiency of the code. Swift does not need much maintenance.
- With a Swift developer, the codes will be constantly maintained. A Swift developer will look after a single code file where both the Objective-C header (.h) and implementation files (.m) into a single code file (.swift).
- A skilled Swift programmer helps create app logic as well as upgrading the quality of the code, comments and features of your project development.
- A Swift developer makes it their priority that your iOS development’s data is always secured. With its syntax and language, the codes that are constructed are more stable, and less likely to crash.
- Its reliable language and features also help the programmer to make lesser mistakes. As a result, the codes produced are more controlled during its development.
- Another outstanding feature that Swift possesses is its ability to take the nil code, compile the code errors, and then fix them while writing the code. This feature effectively speeds up the process of development.
Well Produced Dynamic Libraries
- A skilled Swift developer is able to construct dynamic libraries, by linking chunks of code to an app. Allowing current Swift apps to instantly link against a newer version of the Swift language as newer updates are introduced.
- Swift’s dynamic libraries are uploaded straight to the memory, cutting down the app’s size and resulting in better app performance.
Ensures Better Performance
- The ‘Playgrounds’, a feature in Swift, encourages programmers to try out new algorithms without the need to create an entire app.
- Apple has introduced inline code execution to Playgrounds enabling Swift developers to write and test out chunks of code or algorithms, and also receive feedback afterwards. The feedback loop speeds up the process of writing the code with its data visualisations.
When a specialised Swift developer does the work, these features will be fully utilised as he or she will be able to create quality codes and algorithms that still have the potential to further improve.
What technical skills should you look for when hiring Swift developers?
When thinking about hiring a Swift developer it is highly important to look into the technical skills of your potential Swift candidates. Any IT-related degree does not make a candidate immediately qualified for your businesses’ development project. Seeing a candidate’s technical skills gives you an idea on their capabilities and how they can be an asset in your in-house team.
Employers looking for skilled Swift developers and iOs developers should look for candidates that are skilled in tools and technologies such as:
- A language that is general-purpose and object-oriented, it adds Smalltalk-style messaging to C language. Mainly used by Apple for macOS and iOS operating systems.
- An integrated development environment (IDE) used for macOS, it contains a range of software development tools used for developing software for macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS.
- Frameworks and Application Programming Interface (APIs)
- Frameworks are a library that provides various services and APIs are a sum of exposed functions/methods in a library. Swift developers must be familiar with frameworks and APIs such as UIKit, CocoaTouch and Foundation.
- UI (User Interface Design) and UX (User Experience Design)
- UI is a series of visual elements, pages and screens that come in a form of buttons and icons. They enable the user to interact with a product or service.
- UX is the internal experience that the user has when they interact with the company’s products and services.
Other tools and technologies that a Swift developer must possess are:
- Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- 2D and 3D graphics frameworks
- iOS 10 and newer OS versions
- Git code repository technology
What are Swift development best practices?
In order to have successful recruitment, it is advisable to know a few of the best practices skilled Swift developers should know when using the platform.
With Swift, common programming errors are rectified by the adaptation of modern programming patterns, such as:
- Before using it, variables should be initialised.
- Defining and using protocols makes your intent crystal clear when defining new classes.
- In array indices, out-of-bounds errors should be checked for.
- To prevent overflow, integers must be checked.
- Optionals help make sure that nil values are handled explicitly.
- Memory is managed instantaneously.
- For unexpected failures, controlled recovery is enabled by error handling.
Why Hire Offshore Swift Developers With Cloud Employee