How to Hire Skilled MEAN Stack Developers
Here are the components of the MEAN stack:
- Express (also called as Express.js) - Inspired by the Ruby framework Sinatra, Express is a relatively minimal back-end framework that runs on top of Node.js. It allows developers to create powerful single and web applications and APIs.
- AngularJS - Developed and maintained by Google, this is the front-end side of the MEAN stack web framework. It provides a complete solution for quick front-end development and includes features such as two-way data binding.
Why should you hire a MEAN Stack Developer?
There are plenty of benefits with hiring a MEAN Stack developer. For one, the MEAN stack has more advantages than the traditional LAMP stack. The LAMP stack refers to Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP and is fundamental for creating Linux hosted websites. However, due to the older technologies in the LAMP stack, many find it easier to adapt to the MEAN stack over it.
Advantages of MEAN stack over LAMP stack:
- Using Node.js instead of Apache allows applications to run on both Linux and Windows operating systems
- A MEAN Stack developer can also use Node.js to directly deploy applications to the server unlike with Apache
- Node.js is also simpler, more flexible, faster and scalable compared to the LAMP stack because of its non-blocking architecture.
- With MongoDB, applications can be easily developed, tested and hosted in the cloud.
- MongoDB also comes with automatic replication and full cluster support which is not present with MySQL in the LAMP stack.
- In addition, MongoDB helps deploy cloud functionalities by reducing the cost of disk space.
- The MEAN Stack provides a cleaner architecture.
- It allows isomorphic coding which allows code to a different framework. As such, code can run on both server and client. With this, the MEAN Stack has been regarded as a leading edge in technology. Many companies are already utilising the MEAN stack to boost applications and web projects.
- All the technologies in this stack are open source and free. It uses libraries and public repositories which helps reduce costs in development.
What technical skills should you look for when hiring MEAN Stack developers?
When hiring MEAN Stack developers, recruiters or hiring managers must carefully assess a candidate’s technical skills and their compatibility with the given job description.
A MEAN Stack developer is a specialist who can actively take part in all stages of web development, from server logic to the client code directly working on the browser.
Aside from a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any related field, a MEAN Stack developer for hire should possess the following basic and ideal technical skills that employers and recruiters should look for:
- Preferably with proven experience and knowledge of working with the MEAN stack development
- A good understanding of front-end and back-end development
- Knowledge and experience working with front-end applications using HTML5, Angular, LESS/SASS
- Knowledge and experience working with databases
- Good understanding of guidelines in architecture design and programming templates
- Knowledgeable in profiling and optimising applications
Some recruiters also consider the following technical skills to be an advantage for a MEAN Stack developer:
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Familiarity with version control such as Git and SVN and continuous integration such as Hudson and Jenkins
Remember that technical requirements may still vary depending on your project scope and specifications.
WHY HIRE OFFSHORE MEAN STACK DEVELOPERS WITH CLOUD EMPLOYEE