How to Hire the Best Data Entry Specialists
Before hiring a data entry specialist, it is important for you to be more informed about what a Data Entry specialist does and what you can gain from their services. The following information aims to guide you during your hiring process for a Data Entry staff. Before everything else, it is highly beneficial to gain a good grasp of Data Entry operations and its importance.
A Data Entry role mainly consists of inputting data from various sources into a company’s computer system which will eventually be managed and processed. It is a demanding job that requires efficiency to manage large amounts of information that may either be confidential or highly sensitive. What makes their role highly important is based on the fact that the data they have logged onto the system is then used for reference and reports by the company. The credibility and reliability of a company are based on the data that they produce.
Essentially, a data entry operator is responsible for maintaining correct, updated and usable information onto a company’s system.
Why should you hire the best Data Entry Specialists?
If you have a huge volume of data entry work and no staff to get it done, hiring a dedicated Data Entry specialist is a great way to handle it. Whether it be a large volume of data that you need to input in your database, build spreadsheets of business contacts, or do quality checks and data validation, a data entry specialist can help save your time efficiently.
Some of the main responsibilities of a Data Entry specialist are as follows:
- With a Data Entry operator onboard, he or she will help process your business’ information through inputting, maintaining and retrieving data using computer systems as well as making sure that information is stored accurately and efficiently.
- Data Entry specialists also maintain and retrieve the information held on a company’s computerised storage and retrieval systems.
- Transferring both words and numerical data into spreadsheets or databases.
- Data entry specialists are also able to use special programmes to translate and transfer ambiguous manuscripts.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check the output
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Apply data program techniques and procedures
- Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations and perform backup operations
- Respond to queries for information and access relevant files
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Ensure proper use of office equipment and address any malfunctions
When you hire Data Entry specialists as part of your team, you will benefit from their services as they assist you with your data handling needs.
What skills should you look for when hiring Data Entry specialists?
When hiring Data Entry specialists, it is highly important to assess each candidate’s skills and qualifications to select the right candidate for the job. Through looking at the list of skills that a candidate possesses, you can get an understanding of their capabilities and whether they will be able to be up to your standards.
Although a candidate’s skills set shouldn’t be the only thing that gets them hired, looking through them is a good start in screening the best candidates from the rest.
Here are some skills that you should be looking for in a Data Entry specialist:
- Proficient in typing
- Must possess computer skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Organisational abilities
- Administrative skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A polite phone manner
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A conscientious and responsible working attitude
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- The ability to do the same task for long periods of time
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good spelling, punctuation and grammar
- A positive approach in a busy working environment
- A good understanding of data confidentiality issues
A candidate that possesses the following skills reassures you that he or she will be more than capable of delivering quality work that meets your expectations. You can also be reassured that with a dedicated Data Entry specialist, all your paperwork will be in trustworthy hands.
How much is the usual rate for Data Entry specialists?
To get an idea of how much it would cost to hire locally, here’s a comparison showing a Data Entry specialist's average annual salary and hourly rate from four different Western countries. All salaries and hourly rates come from PayScale.
|Average Data Entry Specialist Annual Salary||Average Data Entry Specialist Hourly Rate|
|United Kingdom||GBP 8.08||GBP 16,385|
|United States||USD 15.66||USD 39,086|
|Canada||CAD 14.13||CAD 35,665|
|Australia||AUD 22.11||AUD 43,903|
Many companies today are able to save up to 65% on costs when opting for offshoring as an alternative to hiring qualified Data Entry specialists at competitive industry rates.
Cloud Employee, a UK-managed offshoring service provider has connected startups and big tech firm from the UK, Canada and the US with skilled Data Entry specialists to support their back office needs. When you work with Cloud Employee, hiring the best offshore Data Entry is done faster, risk-free and cost-effectively.
What interview techniques should you use to hire the best data entry specialists?
Once you have selected the candidates that have the best potential of getting the position, the next step to the recruitment process is the interviews. This part of the recruitment process is highly important as the interviews will further narrow down the best candidate for the job. The interview will help show the candidate’s skills and qualities, ultimately helping you decide the candidate best suited for the job.
The first step in the interview process is the video conference call where you will be able to communicate with each candidate in a more personal way. During the interview, it is encouraged to ask the candidate about their previous work.
Here are some questions you could ask and the criteria you should look for in their answers during the video interview:
Q: What’s your typing speed?
The average speed expected from a Data Entry specialist is 30 to 40 words per minute.
Q: When met with a challenge, how did you deal with it?
The answer should demonstrate how well the candidate deals with challenges through problem-solving skills.
Q: How do you handle sensitive information?
A Data Entry specialist may need to work with confidential information. Make sure the potential hire can handle sensitive or private information in an appropriate manner.
As you conduct the video interview, you are also available to assess how you can communicate with each candidate. How well you can communicate with each other is highly important to build a strong working relationship. As a result, decreasing the risks of miscommunications between you and your dedicated Data Entry Specialist.
For the second part of the interview, it is encouraged to conduct a technical skills assessment to test out the candidate’s capabilities. For a Data Entry specialist, it is important for a candidate to have an average typing speed. To see which candidates have this ability, a speed typing test will be conducted. From the results of the assessment, you will be able to further narrow down the right candidate that will be the perfect Data Entry specialist for your company. Conducting these interviews and tests reassures you that the person you are hiring will be able to deliver to your standards and adhere to your company’s requirements.
How can Cloud Employee help you?
A tedious and yet critical part of any business, data entry is work that most companies choose to outsource. For businesses that have limited resources in terms of staff, time, and money, data entry outsourcing is a cost-effective solution. The Philippines, one of the leaders in the IT-BPO industry, sports a strong pool of skilled data entry specialists.
With Cloud Employee, you get access to professional data entry specialists that deliver quality work at a significantly lower cost than local hires. Whether you need a single dedicated data entry specialist or a data entry team we make the process of building your offshore admin staff fast and risk-free.
Begin by sending us your admin staffing requirements - skill set, experience, and so on. We do local sourcing of available data entry specialists and forward you candidate CVs for you to choose from. You pick out which ones you’d like for interviews and free technical testing. Our custom-recruitment ensures that the data entry specialists you hire with us to meet your requirements.
Your dedicated data entry specialists then become part of your in-house team. They report to you in the same office hours as you do from our Philippine-based offices. They work under your direct supervision using your tools and according to your methods and processes. We make sure they are fully-equipped for the job - high-speed internet connection, hardware, software, and IT support.
When you build your dedicated data entry specialists with Cloud Employee you get all of these and a lot more. Licensing, work permits, workspace facilities, HR, payroll, taxes - the general admin tasks are taken care of. Our service makes it possible for you to fully concentrate on managing your data entry specialists and of course, growing your business.
With a Data Entry specialist on board, all your data entry work will be taken cared of. From large volumes of data that you need to input in your database to quality checks and a whole lot more a dedicated Data Entry specialist will be able to assist you and save your time in an efficient manner.
What is the dedicated hiring model?
The Dedicated Hiring Model seamlessly incorporates your dedicated offshore team with your in-house developers further reducing miscommunication and allowing the offshore data entry specialists team to become part of your project’s methodologies and infrastructure.
Due to its flexibility, it is considered the best engagement model. You or your in-house team can request tech talents, equipment and resources at any given time according to the project requirements. The dedicated hiring model allows in-house teams to easily scale up or scale down.
- Great for long-term projects with a constantly changing project scope and undefined specifications
- Predictable budget despite an indefinite project scope
- You will have full knowledge and control over the recruitment process, candidate selection, and management of their offshore team
- Product quality can be fully monitored, assessed and assured
- The offshore team gains a deeper understanding of the client’s objectives, goals, standards and expectations
- The offshore team exclusively works for you
The dedicated hiring model is great for businesses that:
- Prefer to work with a dedicated back office team for their project
- Would rather reduce expenses in terms of talent search and recruitment process
- Require flexibility in a team’s workload and scalability especially during the project’s development
At Cloud Employee, your dedicated Data Entry specialist works exclusively for you at your preferred time zone. This means both of you can work together at the same time, thus reducing any communication issues and inconveniences. Your offshore Data Entry specialist or team can also use your preferred tools, software, and standards, further making them an effective and efficient extension of your in-house team.
Combining the dedicated hiring model and Cloud Employee’s 20 years of experience in the IT outsourcing industry, our team came up with a business model truly unique and effective for those in need of Data Entry specialists. Our business model has simplified the hiring process, made working practices flexible, and bridged the gap between both teams—all for a competitive industry rate. Thus, Cloud Employee believes our business model works better than IT outsourcing.
WHY HIRE OFFSHORE DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST WITH CLOUD EMPLOYEE
- Access to the best tech talent in the Philippines
- End-to-end client control from custom-recruitment to direct developer management
- 100% Dedicated Staff working on mirrored working hours
- Full client support from our After Care Team
- Savings of up to 65% or more
"Mavic and Hubert are doing really well. They have a good partnership. Mavic has a strong work ethic and has good communication. Hubert is performing great. I'm happy that he works well with Mavic. I have no issues with both of them so far and no improvements that I can suggest."
Sean Masters, Social Prise
Matt Skeggs, EMSL
- SEE MORE