Over 10 years of experience working for Offshore and Onshore Delivery engagements for custom development, systems integration and production support types of software development projects for North American, European, and Australian-based clients.
He has extensive hands-on experience architecting, designing, developing and implementing small to complex enterprise applications using Microsoft, Oracle and Open Source technology stack. He is experienced in full software development lifecycle of a project, and has actively participated in all the phases of project delivery using Waterfall, and Agile Scrum methodologies.
Senior IT Consultant / .NET Architect
April 2013 - Present
- Helped in investigating and resolving .NET-related technical issues from different Accenture and Avanade .NET Projects as part of Subject Matter Expert (SME) requests within the Capability team.
- Attended Self-Paced Training in Sitecore 9.
- Used Azure for Deployment only
- .NET Application Architect, Technical Lead
- Managed the deliverables for the Offshore Front-end development team composed of senior software developers.
- Lead the Front-end development team in creating web and branding prototypes that will be integrated to the new version of the Sitecore CMS website of the client.
- Translated the business requirements into technical designs that will be used during the Build Phase.
- Tools/Technologies: CSS3, HTML5, Zurb Foundation, SASS, NodeJs, Gulp, JQuery, Sitecore 8.2, Team Foundation Server
- .NET Application, Technical Manager, Senior Developer
- Managed the deliverables for the Development team composed of senior .NET consultants as part of the overall project execution.
- Worked on upgrading of various in-house web applications used in the Philippines and Indonesia offices of Chevron Geothermal Services that were previously developed using Classic ASP and older versions of ASP.NET.
- Worked on the remediation of security vulnerabilities found on the existing Chevron Geothermal web applications to meet the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) standards.
September 2011 - March 2013
- Overall Head of the IT business unit responsible for providing IT shared services for eBiz and the different subsidiaries under Vantage Group of companies.
- Key member of the IT Steering Committee (ITSC) composed of the Company President and the different Business Group Heads.
- Spearhead multiple and concurrent business application development projects and other special technology projects and initiatives for eBiz and the other subsidiaries as assigned by the CIO.
- Oversee the Business Unit in the requirements gathering, project estimation, design, and in defining the overall solutions architecture and implementation approach for the existing and ground up software development projects.
- Responsible for the Strategic Planning and Profit and Loss (P&L) of the business unit.
- Helped the CIO in assessment and selection of software development tools and service providers.
- Oversee the application maintenance and support activities of the existing financial applications, integrated with 3rd party applications from Western Union, Bayad Center, and Airline Ticketing companies that are used in the front-office operations to capture customer transactions in the 150+ branch locations, 1000+ sub-agent locations nationwide, and back-office operations in the Head Office.
- Oversee technical architecture, development, and testing of various in-house .NET applications developed for the Treasury, Cash Management, Customer Care, Accounting, and Human Resources business units.
- Spearheaded the architecture, design and Proof-of-Concept (POC) phases for the Core Operating System (COS) Project for FY2013.
- Spearheaded the architecture, design and Proof-of-Concept (POC) phases for the Business Intelligence (BI)/Data Warehousing (DW) Project for FY2013.
- Spearheaded the architecture, design and Proof-of-Concept (POC) phases for the Customer Database Project for FY2013.
- Institutionalized the company’s software development methodologies and procedures by defining and documenting the standards, processes and tools on the ICT Operations, Procedures, and Processes Manual (OPPM) for the business unit.
- Introduction of Agile as the core development methodology for the IT business unit.
Systems Architect, Technical Manager
February 2012 - September 2012
- Overall Architect in Coffey Manila, one of the few enterprise architects position in the whole Coffey Global IT organization.
- Provided technical leadership, direction and oversight over the development, design and QA staff of the ICT Business Solutions Unit on the delivery of the software projects for Coffey and its global clients.
- Coordinated project management efforts including estimating, planning and scheduling for DEV team.
- Provided technical inputs, project estimates and high-level architecture documentations to the ICT Country Manager for new and prospect client project portfolios.
- Research of emerging technologies and tools that will be beneficial and cost-efficient for the organization.
- Primary developer of the AGDP .NET application used by the Mining and Geo Sciences division of Coffey Australia for collection, analysis and translation of geodetic data from the different mining sites.
- Maintenance projects of existing in-house HR-related projects used in the Coffey global offices.
- Various United Nations (UN) and Australian Aid (AUSAID)-funded web development projects.
Technical Lead / Senior Developer
September 2009 - September 2011
- Helped in improving the Microsoft Capability group within RCG IT by screening resumes, conducting technical interviews and giving hiring assessments for .NET applicants.
- Client Project deployment is for a top Specialty Insurance company based in New York, USA.
- Assigned to the client’s site in New Jersey, USA for more than three months to participate in knowledge transfer (KT) sessions.
- Provided technical management to the Manila Offshore Team composed of middle to senior-level .NET and Delphi developers.
- Worked closely with the different offshore and client teams (AVP, Business Analysts, QA and Helpdesk), for any enhancements or production issues that will need cross-team coordination.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Lead Developer for the various Specialty Rating Applications, composed of eight different web, windows and distributed applications used by the client’s different Insurance Units in the US.
- Lead the Specialty Insurance Team on application maintenance, and production support type of work items for the different .NET web and desktop-based Specialty Insurance applications used by the different business divisions in creating new businesses, endorsements, renewals, rating, quoting, policy issuance and other insurance-related processes.
- Maintenance and support of the different Insurance Rating Tools used within the Health Care, Casualty, Construction, National Accounts, Design and Environmental, Alternative Market business units located on the Eastern, Central and Mid-Western states.
- Deployment Lead and Build Master for all the applications assigned to the Specialty Ratings team.