Marcos is a leader by nature. He has acquired strong leadership, communication and technical skills through experience. He loves extending his knowledge to others, especially to non-profit organizations.
He is adept at building websites, and throughout his career, he has mostly been tasked with full stack web development. He enjoys turning designs to actual working codes. He is a strong proponent of clean, valid, maintainable, and semantically correct HTML/CSS, including HTML5/CSS3. He has in-depth knowledge of the capabilities of popular browsers and a keen eye for design aesthetics.
Web Developer II
October 2017 - Present
- Currently engaged as a Lead UI
- Migrated an existing desktop application to a web-based platform using AngularJS
- Migrated an existing VB application into web-based using JQuery UI and JQGrid
- Assists the team in writing unit tests of existing codes to improve code coverage
- Code reviews prior to merging pull requests
- Participates in daily scrum calls to discuss user stories, defects, and future iterations
- Coordinates with onshore teams to deliver the product between deadlines
September 2014 - October 2017
- Refactored existing codes to improve performance, and scalability
- Achieved Diamond Recognition award with regard to writing clean and efficient code structures
- Led junior developers in scrum meetings and delivered positive results in completing a big project.
- Worked on several projects using Angular, Express, NodeJS, ReactJS, React native, Redux and also had experience in building mobile app using Android
- Conducted training to new
- Technologies: Angular, Express, NodeJS, ReactJS, React native, Redux, Android
Senior Service Desk Engineer
March 2012 - September 2014
- Maintained end user accounts, permissions and access rights
- Incident management, follow-up tickets and status check
- Lotus Notes and Outlook mail configuration including an instant messaging system
- Monitored application servers and network for any outages
Lead Quality Assurance
December 2010 - March 2012
- Supervised and led #10 Quality Assurance Representatives
- Evaluated QARs performance and provides coaching in a timely manner
- Evaluator Certification for Team Managers, QARs and Trainers
- Technologies: Agile, Scrum
January 2009 - October 2010
Supporting Clients via phone.