Gary has worked with a number of clients both at home and across the globe splitting his time from front end development to being fully hands on with the design process.
Gary would like the opportunity to work with clients where he can continue to use his design skills and put his own stamp upon projects. He is hard working and enthusiastic and likes nothing better than to get stuck into new and interesting design projects.
October 2018 - Present
- Part of a team developing Internal Admin Application using NodeJs, React/Redux, Serverless Framework, and AWS.
- Enhancement and maintenance of existing Admin Application using PHP, Symfony 2, Doctrine, jQuery.
- Follow coding standards and best practices. Code Reviews.
- Communicate effectively within the team and ensure that implementation and architecture is clear before coding.
- Authentication Service – Serverless Framework and JWT.
- Skrill Service – (Serverless) Skrill API (Automated Payments Interface) Integration.
- Serverless API Documentation – Swagger UI, Open API 3.0.
- Withdrawals Module – React/Redux, Redux Saga, Material UI, Airbnb Eslint
- Technologies: NodeJS, React Redux, Serverless, AWS, PHP, Symfony 2, Doctrine, jQuery
Software Engineer (Backend)
March 2018 - September 2018
- Part of a team that is developing and maintaining Platform API using NodeJs, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, SenecaJS (framework for Microservices), PassportJS (JWT), Restify, Mongoose, Gulp and Mocha.
- Migration/Recode of their existing monolithic application to Microservices.
- Deployment and monitoring of applications using Docker, Kubernetes.
- Management of deployment script such as Dockerfiles, Kubernetes yaml, and mongo scripts.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with CTO, QA, Project Managers, and co-engineers
- Able to adapt quickly to new technology stack and was able to own the development of 30 Microservice application.
- Able to create a command line application that will be use by client to publish their own plugins.
- Technologies: NodeJs, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, SenecaJS , PassportJS, Restify, Mongoose, Gulp, Mocha, Docker, Kubernetes
March 2017 - February 2018
- Part of a scrum team that enhance a legacy web based Content Management System using Java, Spring Framework, Spring Data, Hibernate, MySQL, Flowable, thymeleaf, and jQuery.
- Part of a scrum team that is developing a Reports Generations application using NodeJS, AngularJS, and MarkLogic.
- Coordinate with Product Owner to ensure that functional and technical requirements are met.
- Conduct proof of concept for system design and implementations.
- Technologies: Java, Spring, Spring Data, Hibernate, MySQL, Flowable, thymeleaf, jQuery, NodeJS, AngularJS, MarkLogic
Software Engineer/ Consultant
February 2016 - February 2017
- Design, develop, or enhance internal Web Applications for the HR and Treasury using Java Enterprise Edition technology stack (Java Server Faces, EJB 3.0. IBM Webshere, IBM DB2).
- Part of a team that is developing a Time Keeping application.
- Design database schemas for new projects.
- Coordinate with Business Analyst and other stakeholders to ensure that functional and technical requirements are met.
- Conduct proof of concept for system design and implementations
August 2014 - February 2016
- Part of a scrum team that is developing a Content Management and Warehouse web based and desktop application using Java, Spring Framework, JOOQ, PostgreSQL, AngularJS and NodeJS.
- Gather system and user requirements and create technical and non-technical documents such as User Stories and UML (class/sequence) diagrams.
- Create wireframes and prototypes for UI.
- Work closely with Product Owner, Team Lead, and team members.
- Technologies: Java, Spring, JOOQ, PostgreSQL, AngularJS, NodeJS