Over 14 years of experience in IT Industry with almost 3 years of experience in DevOps. He achieved the maturity level of a seasoned IT professional with the reliable expertise that any organization can benefit. He is very confident that aside from his technical expertise, his caring attitude and leadership elevates Ervin John from the rest of his colleagues. Hard-working which compliments his extensive technical skills. A great mentor and teammate. When encountered issues, he was able to resolve the problems fast and he investigates the cause which in turn, helped us avoid the same scenario again. Ervin Johnis easy to work with and takes pride on his work.One of the most reliable senior developer at GIC during his time. He has proven his expertise many times in working on large scale mission critical projects for big clients such as; pfizer, abbot, nutriasia, etc. He has the sense of urgency in meeting deadlines, customer needs and quality requirements. He is one the cool senior big brother of the team providing inspiration and leadership in the team.
March 2015 - January 2019
- Language C# technology we use in deployment TeamCity and Octopus deploy.
- Provides support to Product Development division in various products being developed. Sets up and maintains web and desktop applications
- Diagnoses and corrects issues relating to application deployment and configuration.
- Provides Tier 3 support to internal and external client for user acceptance testing and production environments.
- Coordinates and works with business analysts, developers and corporate IT and project managers to ensure proper function of various applications.
- Builds application to improve current progress and customize reports for different clients.
- Administers the JIRA application and create necessary workflow for different teams in GRC production team.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of applications build, release, deployment, and configuration activities.
- Setup NuGet Server that will allow developers to have their own center repository.
- Developers can easily upload and download project reference assemblies using NuGet
- Setup GIT repository for in-house projects like Stillwaters, DDS, Calc Engine, GFS, GCDB.
- Maintain and support TeamCity, Octopus, windows 2012 R2 servers and MSSQL.
- SVN migration to GIT repository including history. Evaluate Visual Studio Release Management.
- Technologies: C#, Agile Software Development, MSSQL
January 2014 - February 2015
- Developed application for Ipad devices to allow medical representative record daily activities and productivity.
- Designed application that will allow medical representative access the list of customers and call activities of certain customer, connect and upload data to the head office server and capture doctor’s signature and user’s current location.
- Technologies: IOS, Android, Xcode, Objective C
Content Application Engineer
January 2013 - January 2014
- Built and enhanced the existing document processing tool to improve user productivity
- Provided technical support for data and processing tools.
- Created bug solution to different product defects.
- Assisted the junior developer in coding, testing and analyzing different product requirements and issues.
- Analyzed and identified the areas for modification.
- Technologies: C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC
September 2009 - January 2013
- Analyzed and identified the areas for modification, designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Responsible for software testing and quality assurance and maintaining different systems.
May 2005 - August 2009
- Developed the Global Capture Software – a document management solution capable of storing, archiving and managing data in digital format. This software is being used of the following clients: Miriam College, Pioneer Insurance, NGL Pacific, WG&A Super Ferry, Meralco, Lane Archive, and Cebu Pacific.
- Supervised the project implementation and completion in the above mentioned clients.