Ellie Jane has over 6 years of solid Software Quality Assurance experience in full System development Life Cycle focused on Web, Mobile and API applications. She is well-versed in SQA methodologies, backed-up with Business Process Analysis in Agile methodology and fast-paced environment.
Moreover, she is proficient in SDLC and Agile Methodology, Functional and Manual Testing, Business Requirement Analysis, Test Case design, development and execution, and Defect Management using JIRA and HP ALM.
- Has total of 6 years of experience in Software Testing
- Has 6 years of Manual Testing experience, has over a year of experience in Automation Testing
- Has 6 years in API Testing
- Has over 2 years of experience in Web Application Testing
- Has 3 years of experience in Agile Testing
March 2017 - Present
Oversee overall testing activities for Web and API applications for a health and wellness company, supporting both internal and external clients in Australia. Proficiency in executing manual functional testing and knowledgeable in automation test scripting and performance testing is expected.
- Create test cases, test scenarios and test plans
- Be a QA subject matter expert, especially on the central API that supports web and mobile applications
- Work collaboratively with the software development team for requirements analysis and definition of acceptance criteria
- Be responsible for build version deployment in test environment through Octopus Deploy for fixed verification
- Identify defects and blockers during feature and maintenance releases
- Effectively communicate, document and investigate occurrence of issues for faster turnaround time of resolving test and production issues
- Execute basic SQL queries for validation of data and database table structures
- Facilitate feature demo for PO review and sign-off
- Run automated test scripts in production environment for Sanity test during deployment activity
- Create the production release notes and ensure that the release scope has been tested and signed-off
- Technologies: JIRA, Zephyr, SoapUI, Sitecore CMS, Okta, Hangfire, Azure & AWS service, Microsoft SQL Server , Amazon Workspace
December 2016 - March 2017
Work with a team who develops one of the core web-based Group Insurance Systems for the company.
- Complete experience on requirements analysis, test case creation and test execution
- Execute several test methodologies such as Functional, Smoke, Regression, End-to-End testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Identify defects, escalated blockers, and any impediment that may cause any delay on the timeline
- Serve as one of the QA representatives who facilitated the User Acceptance Testing
- Technologies: HP ALM Test Management
August 2015 - December 2016
Work as a liaison between stakeholders, users and third-party providers for an insurance company for the development of digital initiatives for mobile and web applications.
- Gather and document product requirements for the users, developers, project managers and testers which will serve as a baseline for the software development
- Be responsible for test plan review and sign-off to ensure the test coverage of the testers
- Facilitate regular meetings with third-party developers, internal developers, and testers for requirements clarification and resolve any issues or blockers
- Deploy to production the digital initiative projects
- Work on the web-based internet payment gateway that supports the core systems for online payments
- Work on the events mobile application with content management system for the financial advisors for the company
- Technologies: Test Plan Review, Software Testing
June 2013 - August 2015
Was a key member of a pioneered testing team in the Philippines to support Samsung New Zealand and Australia market for mobile customisation, mobile applications, digital content and other product innovations.
- Identify recurring mobile issues and create suitable test cases to prevent them from occurring for each release of OS upgrades and flagship of a new Samsung product
- Identify software issues and monitor defects in Jira Application
- Be familiar with running automated test scripts for android mobile devices for Google approval
- Ensure digital contents (audio, video and pdf files) from third-parties are compatible with Samsung’s e-learning mobile application
- Establish a strong relationship between Samsung R&D Vietnam and Samsung Electronics Philippines Corporation (SEPCO) as a field test engineer by providing support through replication and investigation of software issues
- Conduct exploratory testing for different patent groups for research and development projects
- Spearhead the testing activities of Samsung innovation initiatives such as: Samsung Knox, Samsung printer mobile app (for iOS and android), Integration of Samsung TV and Starbucks drive-thru POS system
- Technologies: Automated Test Scripts, Android, Jira, Jenkins