Senior Infrastructure Engineer
January 2018 - Present
- Communicate with the end users to present a positive, collaborative, highly skilled and informative impression of IT Operations.
- Monitor and maintain TradeNet and Pages server environments that include Production, UAT, Manila and UK Development servers thru effective DevOps, Systems and Database Administration.
- Manage, monitor and tune the LAN in each of the company’s offices as well as the global WAN and perimeter security.
- Ensure Internet connection, Email/ VoIP availability and reliability in the company’s offices.
- Support the AD and Server Infra which includes physical and cloud-based services.
- Perform installation and configuration of desktop PCs and Peripherals.
- Provide technical assistance and desktop support to corporate users in Manila and remote users in different Global Offices.
- Perform 2nd level of support to all customers on product issues and provided remote assistance, diagnosis and troubleshooting in coordination with SDC/GSD and IT Dev teams.
- Prepare, build and package releases for SmartSupplier, ShipCat, etc.
- Perform installation and deployment of system releases, upgrade and fixes on Development, Test and Production environments.
- Conduct inventory and preventive maintenance of desktop PCs, servers, Office Equipment and Peripherals.
- Prepare and update documentations related to installation, daily routine tasks, processes and procedures.
- Supervise, assist and mentor Junior and Mid-level IT Support Engineers when necessary.
- Build new / additional system environments and created ad-hoc scripts when necessary.
- Recommend new technologies, solutions and enhancements related to IT Operations and Support.
- Upgrade existing system to meet the current needs of the business and enhancement objectives of the management.
- Technologies: Windows, MS SQL Server, Linux, Microsoft Azure.
May 2016 - January 2018
- Supported large-scale Exchange Server Infra/ AD/ ADFS.
- Installed and performed changes to virtual server and software, following the design of installation specifications.
- Maintained technical documentation up-to-date.
- Followed structured patch management and change management process.
- Experienced in MS System Centre suite of solutions.
- Supported Cloud Platforms and Technologies (mainly Azure and AWS).
- Performed operation maintenance, application support/development and deployment (1st to 2nd tier).
- Performed maintenance and sustainability of all the servers across Cloud and clients on-prem.
- Provided technical assistance to help resolve issues on Enterprise level.
- Server management on different roles (DNS/AD/ADFS/FS/AADC/SCOM/SCCM).
- Server monitoring and remediation.
- Implemented various implementation plans on SQL DBs
- Technologies: Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS, MySQL, MS SQL
System Software Engineer
June 2014 - April 2016
- Monitored backup and archive jobs across multiple platforms (Windows, AIX, Solaris and Linux).
- Troubleshoot performance problems, proposed and applies solutions.
- Installed and de/configure agents.
- Performed regular backup/ restore testing.
- Maintained equipment for backup environment to include servers, disk libraries and tape storage devices.
- Followed CMR (change management request) procedures for all production levels changes within the enterprise environment.
- Performed storage analysis, capacity planning, performance planning and budget planning for all storage and backup software/hardware.
- Performed updates of Commvault service packs as they released from the vendor, coordinate these through change management process.
- Troubleshoot an end-to-end resolution of identified (hardware/software/configuration) issues, including failed disk drives, power supplies, performance, capacity, connectivity, transmission errors.
- Performed coordination and/or installation/implementation of new SAN/NAS equipment.
- Created and administered fabric configurations such as device aliases/fc aliases, zones and zone sets on Cisco fiber channel.
- Planned and implemented SAN / NAS equipment firmware and OS updates / upgrades.
- Created and engineered RAID groups, storage groups, aggregates, volumes, LUNs and the provisioning of these to client hosts (Windows, UNIX, and ESX).
- Performed capacity management and planning.
- Experienced with NetApp OnCommand Insight, Cisco Data Center Network Manager, EMC M & R tools, etc.
- Implemented/supported Information Life Cycle Management (ILM) strategies/implementations for data protection environment using Commvault Simpana.
- Shared responsibility and daily operational support of entire server environment including administration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Worked on enterprise patches management and enterprise server management.
- Debugged problematic software.
- Worked with a team to help maintain the vSphere infrastructure within global data centers in support of the hosted cloud solution service offering for eLoyalty’s enterprise clients.
- Worked with a team to help support Cisco UCS B series blade server chassis.
- Shared responsibility and highly skilled at providing Windows Server Administration and Support at the enterprise level.
- Produced high quality deliverables in a timely fashion.
- Provided technical assistance to help resolve issues relating to a variety of enterprise technologies.
- Worked with vendors / cross team engineering group/s to provide solutions to complex issues.
- Self-motivated engineer who is able to prioritize projects, issues and tasks and work under minimum supervision.
Technologies: Linux, Windows, Solaris, MS SQL Server
IT Operations Maintenance and Support
July 2008 - May 2014
- Managed customer infrastructures – monitoring, reporting and maintaining Server and Network Infrastructure.
- Performed email administration for managed clients.
- Monitored, diagnosed, and actioned on infrastructure alerts.
- Incident, Problem, and Change Management as per client processes (ITIL Framework).
- Triaged infrastructure-related issues presented as Incidents and Service Requests.
- Provisioned / updated Access Management through Active Directory, Exchange, and File Server.
- Backup Management (Commvault, Backup Exec, ArcServe and Veeam).
- Executed Server Patching as per schedule.
- Updated Anti-Virus Management for Servers as per schedule.
- Performed Reports Generation.
- Provided 2nd and 3rd level technical support on server and infrastructure-related issues.
- Installed and configured servers and enterprise solutions such as Exchange, DNS, DHCP, and AD.
- Created and maintained technical documentation.
- Provided reports to customers where required. This may include, but are not limited to Daily Checks, Monthly reports, Post Incident Reports.
- Provided after hours on-call assistance on a rotating basis.
- Technologies: Linux, Windows, Solaris, MS SQL Server