Symfony Developer with VueJS
Offshoring Software Engineering | Tech Staffing & Recruitment | UK | Australia | Philippines
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Symfony developer to join the team! We’re looking for a talented and driven individual who will play a key role in delivering an exciting new education platform for secondary schools in the UK.
You’ll be part of a dedicated team working on our TeacherDashboard product within a multi-sector agency that delivers web technologies to some of the UKs most recognisable brands. The TeacherDashboard platform started as a POC initiative in collaboration with Microsoft, as has since progressed through to general release.
We are now entering a further phase of development to integrate the product with third party applications and content.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, excellent multi-tasker, eager to solve problems and have strong technical skills. You will enjoy working in a team environment and thrive on varied and interesting challenges.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an Agile environment on a fast-moving product with loads of potential.
- You will be a dedicated fullstack developer on our TeacherDashboard education platform.
- Your team will focus solely on the product and will not be required to work on other products/services within the company.
- Find innovative ways of delivering our product backlog within an Agile environment.
- Contribute to the product roadmap and be actively involved in shaping the direction of the product going forward.
- A self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Keen to work within an ‘edtech startup’ environment.
- Hungry to understand how things work.
- Proactive in suggesting ways to improve the product as much as possible.
- Not afraid to fight your case if you don’t agree with the Product Owner ‘s direction.
- Someone that enjoys working in a team in a collaborative and productive way.
- 3+ years of PHP development experience
- 3+ years working with the Symfony framework
- 2+ years of working with Restful APIs
- 3+ years of MySql experience
- 2+ years of Git
It would be nice if you also had:
- 1-2 years working with Vue.js v2.0 Framework (or similar such as Angular, React)
- Exposure to working with Microsoft authentication or Microsoft GraphApi
- Integration with 3rd party applications
- Working with file transfers
- Understanding of cron jobs
- Exposure to Vagrant/VM machines
Salary, Incentive, and Benefits Packages
- Competitive Salary Package
- Benefits package include HMO, training allowance, gym or food allowance, educational assistance for dependent, and more
- An annual salary increase, as laid out in the contract
- Free food and drinks provided in the office
- Company trips