Software QA Tester
Offshoring Software Engineering | Tech Staffing & Recruitment | UK | Australia | Philippines
Cloud Employee, is a UK owned Philippines business established 8 years ago. We connect high-performing software engineer talent in the Philippines with some of the world’s leading and most innovative tech companies. Developers join to work from the Philippines as part of international engineer teams and grow their CV and skill-set.
We pride ourselves on being a supportive and cutting edge workplace continuously investing in staff development, engagement and well-being. We provide security, career paths, along with individual training programs and mentoring.
- Report directly to the Head of Development.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases, implementing unit testing, integration testing & UAT
- Perform Regression Testing, Sanity Check, Unit testing, System Integration Testing & Smoke Testing
- Identify opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs.
- Understand specific use cases required and perform tests to ensure that the configurations and product features meet the expected requirements while ensuring high quality
- Conduct project reviews, ensuring review criteria are defined, and implement procedures for ensuring quality control of project deliverables.
- Participate and contributes in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Be responsible for software testing activities and quality assurance for our product development, engineering, product maintenance and product support teams
- Collaborate with all teams to manage metrics and defects, to understand customer requirements & customer needs, to research and identify root causes of performance issues
- Report results and issues, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate, documenting accordingly.
- Ensure results of root cause analyses are addressed
- Work with product management, project management, engineering and operations teams to plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements and to assure products meet product requirements and quality standards.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Develop methods and standards for benchmarking and optimisation.
- Make sure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Participates in daily SCRUM stand-ups and sprint planning.
- Identify areas for improvement with leadership, peers, or others involved, implement initiatives improving overall capability and efficiency.
- Manage flexibility to react rapidly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet business needs
- 3+ years commercial experience in Software Testing
- Understanding the cycle of product development
- Hands-on experience with test metrics management and documentation
- Experience in secure software development and life cycles (knowledge around OWASP)
- Hands-on experience with manual and automated software testing.
- Experience testing with server side technologies, web services, APIs, JSON & mobile applications
- Some experience around computer code such as Java, Swift, C languages
- Works within an Agile environment with TDD Object Oriented Principles
- Experience in the use of code versioning tools (such as Git, BitBucket or SVN)
- Experience with issue tracking/documentation platforms (JIRA, Confluence, etc)
- Familiarity with automation, continuous integration and configuration management tools (Jenkins, Puppet, WebDriver)
- Experience in database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience in virtualisation technologies such as VMware and Virtualbox.
- Experience in Windows and Linux administration (bash scripting)
- Some understanding of Unix/Linux concepts and Shell scripting
- Some knowledge of penetration testing for vulnerabilities.
- Some knowledge of security, PKI, Cryptology, Certificates, TLS/SSL
Nice to have:
- Experience in working either within highly regulated sectors such as Financial services or working with Financial Services customer organisations.
- Experience in working within a start-up environment where on occasion, tasks may be allocated that may not fit within the core role description.
- Experience in dealing with customers.
- Knowledge surrounding authentication protocols (Such as Kerberos and Mutual TLS).
- Exposure with MDM/MAM technologies such as BlackBerry UEM, Microsoft Intune or others
Salary, Incentive, and Benefits Packages
- Competitive Salary Package
- Benefits package include HMO, training allowance, gym or food allowance, educational assistance for dependent, and more
- An annual salary increase, as laid out in the contract
- Free food and drinks provided in the office
- Company trips
For more information on what it’s like to work at Cloud Employee, click here.
Do you think you are ready for the challenge? Apply now!