Junior IT Technical Support Engineer
Offshoring Software Engineering | Tech Staffing & Recruitment | UK | Australia | Philippines
We’re looking for a highly-driven Junior IT Technical Support Engineer to join our ever-expanding team in Makati. This is a great chance for you to be part of a fun and fast-paced multinational environment and enjoy a number of benefits and perks which include, but are not limited to, medical and dental plans, training allowances, free food, and monthly activities that bring employees together.
Cloud Employee is a fast-growing UK-managed offshore recruitment and staffing company in the Philippines. As we tackle the growing global IT skills shortage, we strive to create a professional workplace that empowers its staff to reach their full potential. We provide clear career paths for our staff along with individual training programs and excellent reward and bonus systems.
The successful Junior IT Technical Support Engineer will be tasked to:
- Be the first point of contact for end users via multi-channel support (phone, email, Skype, SMS)
- Perform initial network troubleshooting, LAN/Network Software issues; provide accurate, timely, and creative solutions; and escalate more complex problems to senior staff
- Monitor the operation and security of all computer networks and ensure that network devices are operating properly
- Perform daily checkup and maintenance of printers, biometric system, CCTV system, VOIP phones, and wi-fi access points
- Assist in maintaining hardware and software inventory and licenses
- Assist in maintaining the documentation of the network system configuration and all IO ports
- Respond to all users’ requests and provide them with adequate support
- Understand all the department’s working procedures and perform related tasks as described
- Perform other tasks assigned by superior
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Computer Engineering, or any related field or equivalent work experience
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols
- Display customer service skills, with a focus on quality of service
- Understanding of the different operating systems (MS Windows, MAC OSx, Ubuntu, or any other flavour of Linux)
- At least 1-year experience in computer assembly, troubleshooting, and repair
- Good knowledge in Cisco devices, VoIP technology
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced and growing company
- Must be amenable on shifting work, whenever necessary
- CCNA or MTCNA certifications are good to have but not required
- Self-starter, focused, and motivated
Salary, Incentive, and Benefits Packages
- Competitive Salary Package
- Benefits package include HMO, training allowance, gym or food allowance, educational assistance for dependent, and more
- An annual salary increase, as laid out in the contract
- Free food and drinks provided in the office
- Company trips
For more information on what it’s like to work at Cloud Employee, click here.
Do you think you are ready for the challenge? Apply now!